eugene

Recommended Engine Oil

Hi, I have a 2009 Hyundai sonata 2.0 diesel crtd. which oil is recommended for engine oil change. Thanks for any info. .Eugene. Ireland

Hi, I have a 2009 Hyundai sonata 2.0 diesel crtd. which oil is recommended for engine oil change. Thanks for any info. .Eugene. Ireland

Hi Eugene and welcome to the forum.

Which oil was Hyundai's recommended lubricant back in 2009, I have no idea.  Regardless of that, all modern diesels run very well on fully synthetic oil, indeed the Shell Helix stuff is their recommended product for the i40.

Unless you prefer not to pay premium oil prices, I'd say just have a look around locally and see which major brand of fully synthetic oil you can buy cheapest.  My own favourite is Mobil 1 as I can pick it up for very reasonable money at Costco.  As many of these modern engines have been designed to run on synthetic stuff, I'd stick with that rather than the real stuff, particularly with the extended service intervals  now common.

Sláinte,

Indalo

Hi All

I have a question: in service manual, all informations about recommended motor oil is: SAE 10w30.

Could youl tell me, is it semi od full synthetic oil?

Thanks.