Sign in to follow this  
mat

Suspension,strut..?? Help Please

Hello everyone,

Please, could anybody help to identify-named and advise on, rubber "washer" think, on the attached picture which get loose, on the rear wheel.

It has happened just now (Saturday afternoon), I only managed to visit Kwik Fit garage, and guy didn't have clue what is it, and if I can carry on driving...

Could be anybody able to advise if is possible to drive car( I desperately need car for tomorrow) 

any help would be really appreciated.

thanks

m.

post-1137-0-22752900-1400341518_thumb.jpg

I think there has been a recall for this.

Not deemed important enough to write to customers by Hyundai but at dealership services the work should be done.

I wouldn't drive it to avoid causing further damage and voiding warranty.

It's a Hyundai so make use of your free breakdown cover and get the vehicle down to your local Hyundai.

I wouldn't spend a penny on getting it repaired

There is not a recall for this, but there is an advisory. All 2011/2012 models have to get the suspension correction by 2016, the car will now probably give you a creaking sound and dealers are fixing the failures as a priority and fixing the others within the timescale if they are not presented as a failure.

thanks for replies guys, but really need car for tomorrow, so can  anybody advise if it is safe to drive(carefully)...

m.

DON'T drive it, you may void any warranty claim.

Follow the instructions from Hyundai in the link provided and let the RAC decide if you continue to drive it or not.

If the RAC deem the vehicle requires recovery take the short term complimentary courtesy car provided.

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/misc-pages/5_year_warranty/warranty_faqs

My 2012 saloon had the above work done a month a go.

Following the annual service by my dealer, I was told the work needed to be done.

Can't say I've noticed any difference to be honest.

Patrick

Worcs

Hi Patrick, that will be your dealer responding to the advisory, I have been told by my dealer they will do it at next service unless the car gets noisy before, in which case they will get it in earlier.

Yep it's definitely the recall part or to use Hyundai's words "preventative replacement".

Old part numbers 55210-3Z000 & 55220-3Z050

Preventative replacement kit part number 552773Z888QQH

post-1338-0-20316200-1400439049_thumb.jpg

I'm glad that came up as I need to book mine in for that little job and the latest map update.  I should have had it done several weeks ago but had to cancel the appointment in favour of a hospital one.

Indalo

Where can I find 'recalls' and advisories on the i40?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Where can I find 'recalls' and advisories on the i40?

As far as I'm aware, Hyundai hasn't announced any recall for the i40.  That said, (and I'm happy to be corrected if that's not the case) the suspension arm replacement doesn't merit recall but is being dealt with by dealers through arrangement when they speak to owners.  I'm not sure though, how that works for anyone having servicing done independent of their network.

Now that I'm clear of various other matters, I shall be making an arrangement to have that job done at my local dealer along with the map update.

Indalo

My local dealer are terrible I've asked them in February (car has been making a clicking noise when stopping and it squeaks going over bump) about this and two weeks ago, both tine they denied it, so will see tomorrow when it goes in again... This time it is for a service

My local dealer are terrible I've asked them in February (car has been making a clicking noise when stopping and it squeaks going over bump) about this and two weeks ago, both tine they denied it, so will see tomorrow when it goes in again... This time it is for a service

In your conversation with their receptionist, should you have any problem getting their agreement for the suspension arm work, (presuming that's what is causing the noise) you may want to mention that you will therefore contact Hyundai UK direct as you have had confirmation from other owners that this piece of work is required.

I really don't understand why there should be any difficulty in this matter at your dealership.  It's not as if they lose money doing warranty work.  They are paid handsomely by Hyundai.

As you have your servicing work performed by that dealer, you might wish to remind them that you may well have it done elsewhere due to their seeming lack of care for your car in this matter.

Indalo

My dealer has it on my paperwork for the next service, that is how I know about the 2016 replacement requirement.  Came up automatically on the system.

Again they nothing on there gonna customer support to try and prompt them, still got an i30 for the day which is nice