Sign in to follow this  
Redfins

Voice Commands

Hi All

I'm new here so Hi.

Just have a question on my i40 when i use voice commands and say help,

Some of my commands are greyed out on the phone list 

post-1402-0-49493300-1397764868_thumb.jpg

Is this right? plus i  say call name and nothing happens .

Any help would be great.

By the way i love my i40  :)

Hi.

Yep I have the same issue. I can't get mine to work at all.

Have given up with it now. Use the speed dial function it's a lot less frustrating.

Strange thing is mine will accept voice commands to read texts out and i have no idea why it does this. 

Because my car likes to order my phone book as 'Surname - Firstname' it makes voice dialling pretty awkward. Instead, I have my regular contacts saved as speed dials, and then when I want to call someone I press Voice Command followed by 'Speed-dial 1' which then dials the number.

Romeo13 - are you saying you managed to get it to read out your text messages? How did you achieve this?

ps - found the 'Random' voice command the other day - chuffed to bits as it was several screen presses to do this manually!

Because my car likes to order my phone book as 'Surname - Firstname' it makes voice dialling pretty awkward. Instead, I have my regular contacts saved as speed dials, and then when I want to call someone I press Voice Command followed by 'Speed-dial 1' which then dials the number.

Romeo13 - are you saying you managed to get it to read out your text messages? How did you achieve this?

ps - found the 'Random' voice command the other day - chuffed to bits as it was several screen presses to do this manually!

What was the command to do this?

What was the command to do this?

For random? It's just 'Random' from within the Media screen

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is "normal" on this version of the Bluetooth, there has been extensive discussion on the Kia forums about it with Kia Customer Services stating the "normality" of it.

Apparently to make a call you have to say "phonebook", then "nextpage" to get to the contact you wish to call.

The problem here is that you have to continually look at the screen to see which page you are on, an odd thing to do considering the disclaimer you agree to when the unit is first switched on.

Most people have gone down the route of the speed dial list, but are far from happy that the lower models in the range have the ability to accept "call *name*" but that this option is not available in the higher models, one of the Kia guys has even got his MP involved!

This is "normal" on this version of the Bluetooth, there has been extensive discussion on the Kia forums about it with Kia Customer Services stating the "normality" of it.

Apparently to make a call you have to say "phonebook", then "nextpage" to get to the contact you wish to call.

The problem here is that you have to continually look at the screen to see which page you are on, an odd thing to do considering the disclaimer you agree to when the unit is first switched on.

Most people have gone down the route of the speed dial list, but are far from happy that the lower models in the range have the ability to accept "call *name*" but that this option is not available in the higher models, one of the Kia guys has even got his MP involved!

lets hope there will be some update for the bluetooth,had an i20 for a few days whilst the i40 was getting a few jobs done,bluetooth worked flawlessly,like many others I've had to resort to speed dial for the time being.