Sign in to follow this  
DaveG49

Engine management light.

Hello. I bought a 65 plate automatic i40 Premium on Friday. It was the first time I'd seen or driven the car. While on the test drive I floored the accelerator and the engine management light came on. Returned to the garage workshops who claimed it was a plug that had been disconnected during servicing and hadn't been reconnected. Light out. Headed home. Pulled into services on the way home. When i restarted the engine the light was on again! Went straight to my nearest dealership who reset the system. Light out. Stopped to fill up with diesel on the way home. Restarted car, light on again! Phoned dealership. Service called me back an hour later and said they knew about the problem (a sensor, apparently!) and the car shouldn't have been sent out but they didn't know it had been sold! So the salesman's "disconnected plug" story was a total lie then? So yesterday I take the morning off work and make the 45 mile drive back to Portsmouth for the offending sensor to be replaced. Two hours later, light out, headed home. It was fine driving around all day, stopping and restarting, no problems. Driving it yesterday evening, I floored the accelerator to overtake a lorry and the light has come on again! I'm beginning to lose patience now and am seriously considering telling them to keep the car and give me my money back!! Any ideas?

Easy, take it back for a refund.

No half decent garage would think about selling a vehicle with a eml. 

If you bought it with a new mot then it shouldn't of passed either. 

It's an mot failier