Welcome to TalkHyundai.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Electric Parking Brake (Epb) Fault?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Spiper

Spiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:40
Hi, I commute to work 64 miles a day there and back. I have the epb on all the time but it malfunction 3 to 4 times a week. It deactivates and the epb fault light comes on. The fault comes on while i am driving. I can reset it by switching off the engine and on again. Took it to the garage but they can't find any fault code. Found a topic which says it might happen if it has activated lots when going down hill but its not that hilly where I live. Any one experience this issue or know the possible fault?

Thanks

Spiper

Spiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:40
Just to be clear, iI am referring to the auto hold brake and not the electric hand brake. :)

ervidel

ervidel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:i40

Hi

Faults on cars and if these aren't on critical ECUs (Control units) these (the faults) get erased after a few power cycles. This means that if you see a fault coming up on your instrument cluster then there must be a fault stored on your ECU.

If you cycle ignition a few times (more than 5 usually) the fault gets wiped. This could be the cause for the Hyundai guys not to see anything.

And yes don't call it EPB (Electric Park Brake). This is the auto-hold function that uses the normal brakes and NOT the park brake.