Welcome to TalkHyundai.com

Welcome to TalkHyundai.com!

You've reached a UK-biased Hyundai Forum, yet we welcome members from throughout the world. We cover all current and previous Hyundai models and all generations within. You're currently viewing this message as a guest, please register now to gain full access to the site, Hyundai brochures, guides, specifications, tutorials and more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Grifter

Hyundai I800 Rear Heating System Blowing Cold Air

Hi all. Thanks for viewing this topic.

My i800's rear heating system is blowing cold air, no matter what setting you select.

The rear passenger AC controls have been used in this test also, and the problem still persists.

Has anyone out there had experience of this fault? I'm in contact with my local Hyundai dealer, who hasn't responded to my enquiry yet.

Thanks,

Ian :blink:

Hi Ian, welcome to the site.

I assume that the front works fine and blows hot air, as well as cold air?

If so, could be one of two things.

1) The switches that control the rear are broken

2) The motor that controls the airflow (ie, from hot to cold) is broken (or cables leading up to)

Thanks for your reply Nick,

The front controls are indeed fine.

The rear controls are working in as much as the fan speed works (high and low).

I'll get the motor and switches looked and and let you all know how I get on.......

hi

just thought i would join in on this as i have the same ish problem. the rear heater still blows out warm air just, but the air power is crap. the air on hot used to come out really fast and warm the car up great.

now ive been to hyundai and had the car checked and they first said yes you have a fault and next thing they said its not faulty and i was operating the controls wrong. which means they cant be bothered as its a warrenty job, so after i got the wife to calm down and finished the argument with the mamager we left... so im hoping there is an easy fix to this or try another hyundai dealer.

I've had mine from new and have never managed to get warm air in the rear, it's always cold no matter how I adjust the controls

Hi,

Just had my rear heater pipes changed at the service because of the same thing, blocked pipes prevent hot water reaching the rear blower located in the right hand side of the boot, blower still works but not transferring the heat.

Cost just over £400 plus fitting & VAT for both rear pipes.