Welcome to TalkHyundai.com

Welcome to TalkHyundai.com!

You've reached a UK-biased Hyundai Forum, yet we welcome members from throughout the world. We cover all current and previous Hyundai models and all generations within. You're currently viewing this message as a guest, please register now to gain full access to the site, Hyundai brochures, guides, specifications, tutorials and more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bumpkin

Satnav/media System Software 6.8.e Update How To.

190 posts in this topic

Thanks for this bumpkin. Since I am currently driving my local dealers demonstrator i40 I'll leave this to him. I asked him if he knew about this upgrade but as expected, it was news to him.

He did tell me however that the new model 2012 Santa fe has full 7 digit postcode entry though, so maybe we'll see this as an upgrade eventually....

When i go to the update page it wont show me the software is available all i get is "our records show you have the most up to date software" have they pulled the plug on it and is dealer only now or possibility wanting paid for it?

Hi bumpkin,

I have a problem with this, although my i40 is a 2012 plate but i suspect is manufactured / built last year.

When I click on your link, I select (on the left hand panel)

#1 Model = i40, Year = 2011

#2 Model = i40, Year = 2012

Both times I get the following message - ie nothing to download

Our records indicate you have the most recent map update for your vehicle.

To be informed when a new version becomes available, complete your details in the Contact Us page.

How do I get around this issue? Cheers! Red.

My settings are as follows:

System version: 6.1.6

Bluetooth: 2.6.9

Nav version: 2011.05.13

Map database version: 310E7AI

Firmware version: 5.1.4_VF(19)

What have you got after the update?

in case this helps anyone i have updated the software on my 2011 i40 tourer premium it now shows

system ver 6.8e

BT ver 3.0.7

Nav ver 2012/09/01

Map ver 310E7A1

Firmware ver 5.5.2_vf_wa

Brandles It doesn't look like the MAP VER gets an upgrade ?

Great News. that we can update everything else though !

Question . What does the update do ? Just upgrade the TMC alerts etc for the sat nav.

I was told by the dealer that it would upgrade bluetooth quality and connectivity also The MAP !!!! ???

Anyone any info ?

I'm going to do the upgrade and still let the dealer inform me of their software upgrade just in case it contains more .

Will keep you posted

Oh just to add think firmware is coming from the east and is very sllloooowwwww.... i have over 50mb broadband eta 30mins !!!

My settings are as follows:

System version: 6.1.6

Bluetooth: 2.6.9

Nav version: 2011.05.13

Map database version: 310E7AI

Firmware version: 5.1.4_VF(19)

This only updates the software and firmware, so Bluetooth connectivity and traffic updates etc (those with voice recognition issues at speed may find this improves the quality?). Any confirmation or otherwise would be appreciated, maps are not updated and most late 11 and 12 cars will have the latest maps. Updates to maps will be a cost option when available, looks like €160 per update.

Superb, cheers for the guide fella, 785mb... download in 20min....

when reading on and you say "start the car".... does that mean running it for the 15min it takes to load into the system.......

Alvin

Yes, afraid so, you may have noticed that you get the low battery alert quite quickly if listening to the radio without the engine running, you dont want to run out of juice during a firmware install!

Right it's done one important thing to note; USB stick must be formatted in FAT not FAT32 !

The upgrade is in complete although so far Traffic seems a bit poor , comparing to a skoda I borrowed its not showing the traffic on the route when you have the three choices blue red green ?

Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting somewhere?

Bumpkin, this is excellent, thanks. Will let everyone know how mine proceeds.

Just been informed today by my dealer that when my car arrives (December) this TMC software upgrade, if needed, will be part of the PDI.

He has also said that there is a Sat Nav Map upgrade that will enable Full Postcode entry. All cars built from September should have it, and if mine doesn't, it will be updated, again, as part of the PDI.

Not sure if this means it is a free upgrade to older sat nav models, it may be chargeable, but it should at least be available.

mmmm, tried last night and got the error "unable to read file"..... need to check that FAT32 issue, and ensure I downloaded the correct file? any other suggestions welcome?

Here we go then, I downloaded the file, extracted it to my FAT formatted memory stick, and went out to the car! Looked at the existing version which is 6.5, plugged in the USB, started the car and the Radio came on as normal, so I tried again and again but nothing. I suspect the USB port and AUX ports are dead and therefore I have a couple of questions:

1) When plugging in a memory stick into the USB port am I expecting to see that LED on the memory stick flash in the same way as it would when plugging into a PC?

2) Should I be able to plug my generic mp3 player (not iPod) into the USB port, and charge/play music from my device through the USB port?

3) Does the AUX port simply allow me to use a cable 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to play music from a phone/mp3 player? If so how to I select this as in input on the head unit?

I've tried all of the above and get nothing, which is why I'm assuming the ports are dead :( !

If it is dead I'm presuming the first port of call is to start fuse pulling/replacing?

Any help/feedback or comments are more than welcome!

Thanks

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought, however mine just toggles between CD and Bluetooth when I have my phone connected, it never gets to anything else! And no light on my memory stick, therefore I think we can safely assume it's dead!

Now why can't you format your memory stick as FAT? Maybe I can help you...

Yeah I'm in agreement bumpkin, more investigation required tomorrow in daylight! Thanks for the responses.

This weeks letter from the flat earth society aka Hyundai Customer services who denied in last week letter that an update for the TMC existed,now tells me that there are actually two in existence, the one I had a couple of weeks ago which provided TMC but is not I40 specific and also a second one for TMC and Blue tooth which I will try this week. Found with the first update that the blue tooth quality became even worse and that the connection lost its previously good reliability.

Its amazing the lack of coordination, communication and consistently between the Head office and the dealers, I find the dealers are rather good, but Customer Services / Senior management lacking.

Thanks guys. I am starting to wonder if I have a different issue altogether as I now have my usb key formatted as FAT (ms dos) and the car still reports that it cannot read the unzipped folder! the filename of my downloaded folder is 190.008_SW_6.8.e ??? the only remaining root causes are: I downloaded the file on a Mac and it is thus unreadable? I downloaded the wrong file? My car actually has a fault.... any thoughts?

Incidentally, I just had my three month owners follow up call and the guy regretted he called :-) Among the topics I raised was the Sat Nav updates. He just attended a training session for the new Santa Fe (which shares the Sat Nav system we have) and it seems Hyundai do "aspire" to release an update with post code input "soon". He knew nothing about the UK TMC issue.