Nick

Hyundai I40 Warranty Claims - What Have You Had Go Wrong?

Maitland    46

Rear light cluster and indicator lens on wing mirror with condensation. 3 inches of water in the rear cluster. Replaced under warranty.

Luggage Net faulty. Replaced under warranty (believe this may have been a recall)

Faulty front parking sensor. Replaced under warranty

Leather on steering wheel peeling off. Warranty claim accepted and waiting for part.

M...

romeo13    4

Offside door mirror and motor replaced after 4 months and now my bluetooth is playing up sometimes just wont connect and when i use the volume control on the steering wheel it sometimes jumps to voice command so looks like a visit to the dealer.

Question for Maitland ref luggage net do you mean the one that clips into the roof as mine now wont retract either?

skjenkins    0

Hi all,

Most of you don't know me but i just bought an i40 tourer last week from a dealership with 4800 miles on the clock so almost new!

And straight away i came up with my first issue:

- The nav system:

I had noticed that when you click on the POI (Places of Interest) button on the satnav that it can never find pubs & restaurants (obviously the most necessary one). There was also the issue that the traffic notifications were also not working

I took the i40 back in after booking it in and after a day of work they came up with the following:

- The traffic notifications & pub + restaurant POI's are not currently part of the stanav, they are looking to upgrade the systems before the end of the year to include these.

My dealership said that this would be upgraded for free once they receive the USB upgrade, so i would advise anyone to contact your dealerships and make sure your free upgrade will be awaiting you and you will be notified when it comes

I hope this helps you all

Scott

hyundai    0

Hi all

I have the same problems as others

7000 miles-------My steering wheel started to peel,I took it in and due to a cost of over £500 to replace I had to wait for a picture to be sent away.

1 week later a call to say no problem one is on order,2 weeks later new steering wheel fitted.

15000 miles------Front parking sensor and two rear come on and will not stop. contacted dealer,told because of the work required to change them (they have to strip off the bumpers,they will swap ALL the sensors)--Am I a synic or might there be something they are not telling me???.

Anyway they swapped the sensors two days ago AND yes you guessed two different ones have stuck on today.

I am waiting for the dealership to call me back,I said as you swapped all 8 two days ago you should still have the others we will see??

Now while I am on the soap box Hyundai the SAT NAV should be called SAT NAF why did you fit one that will not take a full post code I know you have to pay the post office for the licence to use the post code register but I now drive around with a TOM TOM stuck on the window,(this does not advertise well as people looking at the car think it does not have sat nav fitted.

Maitland    46

Offside door mirror and motor replaced after 4 months and now my bluetooth is playing up sometimes just wont connect and when i use the volume control on the steering wheel it sometimes jumps to voice command so looks like a visit to the dealer.

Question for Maitland ref luggage net do you mean the one that clips into the roof as mine now wont retract either?

That's the one. Get in touch with your dealer and they will replace it under warranty. I didn't actually bother bringing it to their attention they took it upon themselves to order the net for me.

M...

MJB1234    11

My colleagues car lasted 300 miles and 3 days before the 1.7 diesel engine self destructed ! 6 weeks later the car was returned with a 'new engine' which prompty filled the car up with engine fumes. Needless to say the car has been sent back ! its the leasing company problem now.

hyundai    0

Hi all

I have the same problems as others

7000 miles-------My steering wheel started to peel,I took it in and due to a cost of over £500 to replace I had to wait for a picture to be sent away.

1 week later a call to say no problem one is on order,2 weeks later new steering wheel fitted.

15000 miles------Front parking sensor and two rear come on and will not stop. contacted dealer,told because of the work required to change them (they have to strip off the bumpers,they will swap ALL the sensors)--Am I a synic or might there be something they are not telling me???.

Anyway they swapped the sensors two days ago AND yes you guessed two different ones have stuck on today.

I am waiting for the dealership to call me back,I said as you swapped all 8 two days ago you should still have the others we will see??

Now while I am on the soap box Hyundai the SAT NAV should be called SAT NAF why did you fit one that will not take a full post code I know you have to pay the post office for the licence to use the post code register but I now drive around with a TOM TOM stuck on the window,(this does not advertise well as people looking at the car think it does not have sat nav fitted.

hyundai    0

hi again

The fault with the rear sensors has fixed its self don't know how but this morning they are back to new?

I just wonder if the wash and polish that they give the car every time I take it in had a detrimental effect on the sensors? may be a drop of water in the works, anyway I will check and report back

H.

hyundai    0

Hi. The sensors on the rear packed in again took it in yesterday and they kept it overnight and replaced 2 went to pick it up today and before leaving tried them they did not work got the mechanic out and he said take it home and phone Monday.

What they did say was that they had just power washed it earlier .??????

Maitland    46

Still waiting for the steering wheel to come in. I did say to the dealer that it would be about 6 weeks but they insisted 2 weeks. Here we are on 4 weeks and I have still to hear anything from them.

Front sensor works when it wants, generally when there is nothing near it :angry:

Pointless speaking with the garage until they they get in touch with regards to the steering wheel. Have to say that I still love this car. I make a point of driving to the farthest shop (within reason) for what I need. :)

M...

Maitland    46

i40 in at 8am Monday morning to have the steering wheel replaced. I will of course keep you updated about the level of service offered.

M...

MJB1234    11

They found one via Kia, with which it shares the cluth with. In for replacement next week.

Maitland    46

Steering wheel replaced yesterday. Spoke with the staff there who said that they were unaware of any other issues with the leather peeling off the steering wheel. Spoke to them about the wee bit of rust. Stone chips will rust, it's to be expected. £8 or so for the touch up paint but has to be ordered.

Didn't speak to them about the sensors as they have been working perfectly well for weeks now and have had no further issues.

M...

NickD    17

Maitland. I immediately asked for a touch up stick and it took three weeks. Don't appear to keep them in stock. Really don't know what the nub of this is..... are they being guarded or do they simply not know these answers? Dealers appear very friendly and open and they are saying the latter

Maitland    46

New member this morning

I40 tourer in this morning

enough water under passenger seat to keep goldfish in, not sure they know how to fix it

Lets hope so, don't suppose I'll get new carpets !!!!

Firstly Rich, welcome to the forum.

I have had water (3 inches) in the rear light cluster but no water ingress in the cabin (Had a Disco previous to this so was used to leaks). If and when they fix it I think I would be insisting on new carpets and a full valet.

Would be interesting to know the cause and what your dealer does to rectify your problem and the service they provide. Please keep us up to date.

M...

Maitland    46

Maitland. I immediately asked for a touch up stick and it took three weeks. Don't appear to keep them in stock. Really don't know what the nub of this is..... are they being guarded or do they simply not know these answers? Dealers appear very friendly and open and they are saying the latter

When I spoke with the service manager he stated that the touch up stick had a shelf life and they couldn't keep the stock at the dealership. I can't imagine a touch up stick having a short shelf life. I will order it next time I am down that way and see just how long it takes to get in. Most of my parts have taken anywhere between 2 weeks (The shortest I have waited) and 6 weeks (The longest).

Car is due a service (according to the display) in about 2000 miles. Interesting to see the level of service provided here. My complimentary wash and vacuum would have been done better by my 6 year old !!!

M...

RichL    3

Update day 2 phone call from dealership 4.30pm was told that the car was in bits (their words not mine) and yes they agreed the floor is soaking wet

seemed pretty obvious to me. They still have no idea where the water is coming from, tried to point them in the general direction, but what do I know

Talk of taking dash board out as well GOD HELP US !!!

Wish I'd gone for an Insignia instead