Welcome to TalkHyundai.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tips And Tricks For The Hyundai I40

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

bollard

bollard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:I40 style 136 bd
Hello new member here Hello :-) I've just got my i40 style blue drive estate , titanium silver . What a car best car I've had , sat nav etc etc Thought it would be a good idea for new owners . Sat nav help etc voice control is where i need help the book is not helpful does it do name recognision ?

Maitland

Maitland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Hyundai i40
  • My Fuel Logs
Garage View Garage

Hello new member here Hello :-) I've just got my i40 style blue drive estate , titanium silver . What a car best car I've had , sat nav etc etc Thought it would be a good idea for new owners . Sat nav help etc voice control is where i need help the book is not helpful does it do name recognision ?

Yes it does do voice recognition. On the steering wheel (to the left) you will see a small symbol indicating the voice control. Some of the manual with regards to what words are recognised appears to be incorrect. Your contacts will sync automatically and if you use the voice control just ask for "phonebook". Once you have done this the phonebook will come on screen. I have found that you have to ask "next page" and only then can you call a specific name from that particular page.

I must admit that I haven't went through the whole lot yet but do intend to at some point.

Hope that was of some help to you?

M...

Nick

Nick

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 383 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Hyundai
Welcome to the site Bollard :)

Good idea for a topic, if other add their "tips and tricks" then I'll make this a sticky topic.
Have you added your car to our Garage yet?

bollard

bollard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:I40 style 136 bd
Hey Nick ;)
Just coming up to my first week in this Machine great car , couple of little things I've come across/ query.

Sat nav volume : although you can go into settings and turn it off it turns back on when you plan a new route !
found out via the big book: you can turn her down whilst she speaks using the normal volume mode ( standard way on head unit or on steering wheel).

My query which I read somewhere on the web prior to ordering it :

I was told you can play video files from usb mode only when car is stationary as a mountain biker , camper etc this would be great for when its raining etc ,
or just when I have my lunch break catch up on things I've missed !

Has anyone got this working is it a myth ? I Google I40 playing videos and the new Veloster does do it ?? same head unit by the looks of it ? :D

kenb

kenb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Hyundai i40
Hi there.

New to this. I have had my i40 for a week now and have tried the video thing via my ipod and iphone and cannot get it to work?

On another point which is sort of related, I was reading the i40 manual, and not the sat nav manual, and it stated that the only cable you should use for the ipod or iphone is the hyundai cable.

I did not have this to begin with, and also had not read the manual, so I was just using the ipod cable that came with the ipod. The usb one with the connector for the ipod. Everything seems to work fine.

When I received the Hyundai Cable I tried it, and got very limited functionality. The unit went straight to AUX and no Artist Lists etc. showed up, and nor was there any track info. The unit and steering wheel controls did not work. The only way it would work was to operate the iphone or the ipod itself.

What is the purpose of the Hyundai cable, as it doesn't seem to be of much use?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

romeo13

romeo13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:i40 1.7 premium
The only way it will work will be via bluetooth with the cable connected too, even at that you have limited control all you can really do is fast forward/rewind or move forward or back to the previous/next track.
When it only shows Aux on the screen with your iphone/ipod connected with the cable and bluetooth press Aux on screen and a sub menu will appear, press BT and on the screen the track and artist you are playing will appear.
Unfortunately the same track and artist will remain on the screen when playing through the whole album or even changing artists this seems to be an inherent fault as my friends ix35 does exactly the same, it needs a software update methinks.
Hope this helps

Kestel

Kestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:i40 1.7 Bluedrive

Hey Nick wink.png
Just coming up to my first week in this Machine great car , couple of little things I've come across/ query.

Sat nav volume : although you can go into settings and turn it off it turns back on when you plan a new route !
found out via the big book: you can turn her down whilst she speaks using the normal volume mode ( standard way on head unit or on steering wheel).

I was told you can play video files from usb mode only when car is stationary as a mountain biker , camper etc this would be great for when its raining etc ,

Has anyone got this working is it a myth ? I Google I40 playing videos and the new Veloster does do it ?? same head unit by the looks of it ? biggrin.png

I could not get the video to work either. I have the official ipod lead too. The dealer hasn't got a clue when it comes to fixing the "technology" bits.

bumpkin

bumpkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Kia Ceed 4Tech DCT
  • My Fuel Logs
Romeo, the stuck artist on Bluetooth was fixed with the update I posted the how to guide for and is stickied :)

Kestel

Kestel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:i40 1.7 Bluedrive

Hey Nick wink.png

Has anyone got this working is it a myth ? I Google I40 playing videos and the new Veloster does do it ?? same head unit by the looks of it ? biggrin.png

To easily turn turn the volume of the satnav up or down while she is not talking is to push the right knob in (which delivers the next instruction) and immediatly turn it anti-clockwise.

ron40shop

ron40shop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:i40 tourer

Hi i am new here just coming up to three weeks now of driving my i40 1.7 blue drive, i must say its the best car i have ever had. Can any one give me any tips on the voice recognition system for the phone. I have paired my Sony xperia z and works fine but when i want to call someone via the voice recognition  i have a problem. I press the button on the steering wheel and say phone book, then say the person i want to call, then it says back  to me"do you want to be connected to"..... but what do i say now, have tried "yes"..."connect"... "call" ..."dial"

but nothing happens. What am i doing wrong anyone on here help.

Awaiting any tips cheers Dennis.......

Brandles

Brandles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:I40 1.7crdi premium
Garage View Garage

Hi there ron40shop the commands you need I believe are ( phone book    call name )