My mother has just received her new i40 and she's delighted with it. However, she has had no success attempting to pair her iPhone to use over bluetooth.

I've looked at this for her and I can't figure it out. When you enter the Setup menu, then select Phone and then Pair, the screen displays "Listening" and the female voice says "Please say the name of the phone" (or something along those lines). No matter what I say at that point, the voice comes back and says "Pardon" a couple of times and then quits. My voice does not seem to be recognised at all.

The bluetooth setting is turned on on the phone, but the car does not appear on the phone as an available bluetooth device.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Thanks

My daughter has an iphone and it set up without any problem. If you give me half an hour I will go through the settings with you and see where we go from there.

M...

If you look under the Sat Nav screen you will see a wee button with the symbol of a cog on it. Press this button and on the screen you will see 6 options. The first should say Bluetooth. Press this on the touch screen. This will bring up 4 options, one of these will be search for bluetooth devices.

Make sure the iphone's bluetooth is on and discoverable. Press this search for bluetooth devices on the touch screen and it will search for bluetooth devices in range. If your iphone is discoverable then it will pair with the phone.

If that works let me know, if not then I will take you through the iphone settings to make sure the bluetooth is on and discoverable.

Hope that helps.

M...

Thanks very much for the info. Unfortunately my mother's car does not have the sat nav system with touchscreen. It's just the monochrome display, with buttons surrounding it. It's an Irish spec car, so might be different. When I go through the settings to pair a new phone, a voice asks me to say the name of the phone. Nothing I say is recognised. It doesn't seem to be searching for devices in range. The iPhone's bluetooth is definitely switched on.

jphealy. I think there is a Mike somewhere beside the rear view mirror that can be switched on or off. Have you checked that it is on?

My manual will say the same as yours I would imagine for voice activation but will check. My daughter still isn't back from school yet but I will ask her if there is anything different about setting up the iphone as she did it without my knowledge as my music is rubbish, apparently.

M...

Spoke to my daughter. She used the voice activation and said "iphone" when prompted and then put in the passcode 0000. She had no issues. If it continues you may want to pop back down to the dealer just to check it isn't a fault. Even my Glasgow accent is recognised !!!

I assume you have access to the i40 manual?

M...

Thanks again. I saw the mic beside the mirror, but didn't realise there might be an on/off switch. I'll have a look for that when I get a chance. Do you know if the switch is on the mic itself, or somewhere in the settings?

Thanks again. I saw the mic beside the mirror, but didn't realise there might be an on/off switch. I'll have a look for that when I get a chance. Do you know if the switch is on the mic itself, or somewhere in the settings?

The on/off switch is on the mike itself. Let us know how you get on.

M...

It's possible there's a fault. I'll have another look first though. Thanks very much for all your help. Much appreciated!

Absolutely no problem at all just sorry I couldn't get to the bottom of it.

M...

jphealy. My apologies. The Mic that I spoke about is not a Mic it is the intrusion/tilt sensor and has nothing to do with the bluetooth operation. It looked like a Mic to me :rolleyes:

That will teach me to read the manual properly. Again my sincere apologies for the duff info.

M...

The mike is situated above the drivers head in the headcloth and there is no visible on/off switch i can see

I am trying to pair my iPhone 6 with a 2013 Santa Fe Sports but the suggestions above don't work - any other ideas?

iPhone 6 may not yet be compatible, probably requires a system firmware upgrade.

I have a 2012 i40 Saloon Style  with the Media Unit/SatNav. I have an iPhone 6 and it works - although doesn't always automatically connect to the car like it did with my old iPhone 5.

If it doesn't connect normally, I press the handset button it connects within a few moments and then works normally. I am on the latest firmware on the iPhone (8.1), but the last-but-one firmware for the car (I think I'm on 7.1.2, that came with the last map update) - the latest is 7.4.5 - I haven't got around to updating it yet. I've done it before and it means leaving the engine running for around 45 minutes.

But the iPhone 6 work once its connected. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Patrick

hi there pgnl why don't you update the software to v7.4.5 next time you go out in your car as long as its about a one hour trip

From memory, it didn't take anywhere near that long for mine to load.  I'm pretty sure it was all done and dusted inside half an hour....and I forgot to run the engine!

Indalo