Neil

I40 Remap with Dct gearbox

Hello, 

I will keep it to the point. 

I have an i40 1.7 141bhp 340nm torque with the dct auto. I am considering a remap, I wondered if anyone has done this with the dct auto and if they had any issues? 

I have looked Into the dct and it seems the max input torque is 340nm, the fact this is the same as the engine produces seems coincidental... Also I know there will be a factor of safety in the max. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

Neil

I doubt you'll get an answer here , you need to email the likes of Evolution Chips , Celtic Tuning , Quantum Tuning etc . 

Thanks Gazwould, I was hoping for some feedback from anyone who may have had it done. To see if they had any issues. 

Those companies often know a lot about engines and management but not so much about gearbox and component limits. 

Thanks

Neil

Hyundai are quite a minority for remapping anyway . 

Are you keeping dpf and egr ? 

Yeah, want to keep it as standard as possible as still under warranty. 

Not having it mapped to drive it like mad, just want to get rid of flat spots and more torque curve slightly lower down rev range, we all know about the turbo lag on the 1.7...

Small engine , biggish turbo taking time to spool . 

Std mapping on any derv can be improved . 

Do you know if the maps are done via the OBD port? Or do they have to remove the ECU?

Iirc bench flashed , so out . 

Most frustrating was something within the abs was cutting back the power on a 2wd set up dyno , needs a linked bed with 4 wheels turning to get a proper result . 

Hello Neil - I'm wanting to do similar.  I share your view re: DCT input torque.  I have contacted Celtic and Quantum so I'll update this thread once I hear back.

Happy and safe motoring.

Any non-OEM, unapproved component (including 3rd party remap) will void Hyandai's warranties on the engine, clutch and gearbox.

I've got 4 years of warranty remaining and, much as I would like more low-range torque, I won't risk the loss of such a good warranty.

However once I hear back from Quantum and Celtic, regarding the effect of their remaps on the DCT, I'll put their replies here for you.

Hello Neil

Keith (Celtic) and Terry (Quantum) have both advised they don't offer a mapping for the engine with DCT 'box.  A shame.

Did they say why? 

I spoke to tdi tuning and they offer the microprocessor chip tuning box box for it. They said that as the ecu is still in control that the gearbox should be fine. 

Celtic Tuning are naughty people and all the tuning boxes give a false fuel temperature reading thus fool the ecu to increase pressure in the fuel rail . 

Dervs are simple , increase fuel , increase power . 

Because the ecu is fooled it doesn't account for the extra fuel used often showing up a fuel saving , you can't have it both ways , significant power increases + decent mpg gain . 

The cheap ones you buy from auction sites fool car be masking fuel temperature. 

The ones online that cost hundred plug into fuel rail and boost sensor so effectively do the same as a remap. 

They still come up short as they don't independently control injector duration etc . 

The more expensive boxes still fool the fuel rail pressure sensor with a resistor so the reported pressure is down so the ecu is fooled into raising it , this also fools the torque and smoke limiters in the  ecu stock map . 

More work for the high pressure injection pump and injectors holding back greater forces  . 

Either box is a fuel fooler , mpg falsifier and bypasses special factors within the stock map , each will cause fuel mixture enrichment which isn't good for a dpf , yes sure it's met with more air via the boost sensor as diesels aren't fussy about air to fuel ratios , more diesel more power = more smoke , but the whole thing isn't as refined as a remap .