Sign in to follow this  
Westkent

Car stolen

Won’t be on here so often now as the car was nicked from a garage workshop whilst awaiting a new water pump.

They even got my new pump that was sat on the front seat. Devestated tbh. 

Done 190.000M but was well looked after , oil & filters done every 10.000 , clean as a whistle. 

• Sad 1

Bummer mate - assume it will be covered by the workshop insurance?  What you going for next? (A taxi driver's ideas are always worth listening to!)

(I'm at 163k and counting...)

Broke into the office and whipped the keys along with a 50k defender.

My insurance don’t wanna know. 

Looking at the ionic. The mid spec wipes the floor with the Toyotas.

A hybrid is going to save me a tenner a day on fuel , it’s got to be the way forward for me.

local dealer is offering 5% off for the ionic on a taxi deal or 25% off for the i40.

The finance work out very similar. 

Would be tempted towards an i40 but not to far away it’s genna be £12.50 per day extra thanks to our supposedly small business loving mayor of London.

Took an ironic out for a test drive and a much better drive by far than the Toyota I’m renting atm. CarPlay and android standard amounst loads of other extras. Heated steering wheel as well. Only off putting bit is drivers seat isn’t electric other than the lumber.

Garage insurance company also being a bit of a mare right down to the fact they won’t call me or corespondent to me in any way as I’m not the policy owner. They won’t even pay me any settlement but pay everything out to the garage owner as he’s the policy holder.

Broke into the office and whipped the keys along with a 50k defender.

My insurance don’t wanna know. 

Looking at the ionic. The mid spec wipes the floor with the Toyotas.

A hybrid is going to save me a tenner a day on fuel , it’s got to be the way forward for me.

local dealer is offering 5% off for the ionic on a taxi deal or 25% off for the i40.

The finance work out very similar. 

Would be tempted towards an i40 but not to far away it’s genna be £12.50 per day extra thanks to our supposedly small business loving mayor of London..

Took an ironic out for a test drive and a much better drive by far than the Toyota I’m renting atm. CarPlay and android standard amounst loads of other extras. Heated steering wheel as well. Only off putting bit is drivers seat isn’t electric other than the lumber.

Garage insurance company also being a bit of a mare right down to the fact they won’t call me or corespondent to me in any way as I’m not the policy owner. They won’t even pay me any settlement but pay everything out to the garage owner as he’s the policy holder.

One month one and the garage insurance company have just notified me my vehicle does not fall into the terms and conditions of their policy as the car was parked outside the front door not inside the workshop.

Suppose the advise to be taken from this is , be careful who you leave your car with. This fellas policy is obviously not up to what it needs to be.

Axa , my insurance have now said they will pay out but an excess is now payable and it goes down as a fault claim.

One month one and the garage insurance company have just notified me my vehicle does not fall into the terms and conditions of their policy as the car was parked outside the front door not inside the workshop.

Suppose the advise to be taken from this is , be careful who you leave your car with. This fellas policy is obviously not up to what it needs to be.

Axa , my insurance have now said they will pay out but an excess is now payable and it goes down as a fault claim.

Hi Westkent,

Sorry to hear your news about your i40 being stolen. Can imagine what a nightmare of a time your having with insurance companies. 

As Gareth stated we interested in what you decide to replace the i40 with.

I require the load space in the i40SW so unfortunately don't yet have my eyes on anything to replace it with yet!

Many positives.. 

Did the i40 really have 2 year / 20k service intervals ? 

2 hours ago, Westkent said:

Mine did , up to 100.000 miles.

What engine oil did you use ? 

My i40 was serviced every 20.000 up to 100.000

Then when my warranty was up I did my own servicing every 10.000. Up to 190.000.

13/plate.

Good stuff but did Hyundai use a LongLife oil for the 20K changes ? 

Bad idea anyway and even VAG are rethinking . 

The interval not the oil . 

post-4771-0-03825200-1452965197.jpeg

For sure the oil is higher quality as it will sometimes contain higher group oil basestocks and definitely more detergents and dispersants in the additive package to deal with soot etc . 

VAG is making a U- turn  with the LongLife interval  . 

Use a LongLife  5W30  C3 or C3/C2  for normal intervals and you're on to a winner . 

Hi Westkent,

interesting that you gone for the ionic as I was looking to update for that model but I'm worried that the boot won't be big enough as my i40 boot is already full.

i also didn't realise that the service schedule had dropped to 10k on the new i40 which is a deal breaker for another i40 to me

Every 10k servicing on a new i40 absolutely killed it for too.

Its every 10k on a Toyota so if that’s the size your looking for bear in mind the boots easily as big on the ionic.

Im getting 63.5 mpg cabbing mainly around town saving me a tenner a day against the i40.

That alone pays half my finance making a hybrid a no brainier for me.

Heated steering wheel heated front and rear seats plus ventilated fronts.

Wireless charging, Android and Apple play and smart cruise. I’m loving it.