Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Terry

On 10/11/2017 at 11:00 AM, Westkent said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-Manual-Vacuum-Fluid-Extractor/dp/B000RA16CO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510311047&sr=8-3&keywords=engine+oil+extractor+pump

Changing the oil and filter , the extractor removes 4 litres, I’m then able to empty the full 4litre of fresh oil straight in .

Some will say you may not be removing all sludge that maybe removed by dropping the sump plug.

If I’m changing every 10.000 there ain’t genna be any sludge is my school of thought.

This blokes an overfiller 5.5L man , lol . 

https://youtu.be/7ZO-QDQR_JQ

Just as a first time for my own personal experience I'll use the sump plug method courtousy of the ingenious removable service panel , taking note what I find the quantity is that goes back in  . 

5.5L in a sub 2.0L engine isn't impossible as a Ford 1.8 tdci engine I service takes 5.4L , for some strange reason the oil extractor tube didn't go down properly a few months ago  despite being successful two previous times before so I had to resort to the sump plug , no biggie as the undertray is a breeze and I have to be under there anyway to remove the spin on oil filter . 

I'd be annoyed if this were the case with my VW as the undertray is a broken cable tied nightmare that also partially fits around the wheel arch , everything is done from the top , oil filter insert , no jacking , no undertray removal , no sump plug . 

100% all the oil comes out using the extractor on the VW as around 500ml can additionally be sucked out of the oil cooler as the tube drops down into it from the oil filter housing . 

The conclusion being measured that the oil takes ages to darken again , if the oil cooler oil  were not removed and or any other remaining the fresh oil would blacken straight away . 

Damn the handbook is saying 5.3L , 4L extraction isn't looking too good Westkent . 

Will be doing again in a couple of weeks. 

Will extract, then see how much more drops after.

Tbh, I may of misread measurement of extracted oil. May of been 5L.

We will see.

Won't bother me too much as I change every 10.000M so any left in wouldn't be too old.

If your changing every 20/30.000M then obviously more of an issue. 

Cool , report back . 

Will oil drained be from the max dip stick level ? 

On 05/11/2017 at 10:13 PM, Terry said:

Thanks westkent.

I will give it a try .i was told the dpf was at 11% prior to regen .then supposedly  .2 on collection but within minutes the car was trying a cleaning cycle but 2 hrs later motorway driving no change.

Terry, any update on your issue??

My mates hoping he now has it sorted as they have now replaced the exhaust pressure sensor which was the probably cause to the blocked dpf. 

Apparently a faulty sensor  means a regeneration whilst dpf is not up to temperature. 

This sensor should always be replaced alongside a dpf replacement. 

21 hours ago, Westkent said:

Won't bother me too much as I change every 10.000M so any left in wouldn't be too old.

If your changing every 20/30.000M then obviously more of an issue. 

Is that really a service interval ? 

If so what oil would be needed for that ? 

20/30.000m ????  Gaz, you’ll be surprised how many people leave it. 

So, finally got around to doing mine today. 

Bloody overfilling dealers. I knew it was about 1/4” above max, always has been, whenever I got it back

Extracted this much with the pump, including the bit left in he filter housing. I reckon it’s about 5.8 litres.

2586947B-3F9B-4136-A7CC-AAB665078394.jpeg.5c11f460fe0495f37106bde366a78747.jpeg

4.5 litres to max, ran the engine for a bit, topped up to use all the 5 litre bottle. Sitting just on max on the dip stick. 

Next time I reckon it’ll take me about 20 mins...