BAW

Apple Car Play

I have a 2016 i40 Tourer, any news on whether this car will or does support Apple Car Play?

Yes it does - updated software will give you that and Android Auto if you haven't already got it.

No - well not from Hyundai as it the wrong head unit.

Just to clarify - my car is a late 08/2015 facelift Premium Tourer which I believe is the same unit as the above pics which are from an early 2016 i40 Sat Nav Business -updated with software in the last month.

I already have Android Auto since March this year when I asked for a software update on an interim service.  I'll find out on Monday next if my car will get the Apple CarPlay update on it's 2 year service. I'm 50/50 on the outcome as Hyundai UK are NOT clear!

Hi Ian

Can you tell me how you get to that Connectivity Settings page? I cant seem to find it...

Thanks

Settings and scroll down to Connectivity! If you don't see that you need your update ....

I can now confirm that my late August 2015 i40 Premium Tourer has had the software update today which includes Apple CarPlay so it appears any facelift model with SatNav will get it at dealers for free.

image1.JPG

Thanks Guys. This is good news.

But also really annoying, as I asked my local dealer to update my software last week - evidently they didnt!

Is there anyway to update it myself, without relying on the dealer?

I enquired early last week after having my 65 plate Business SatNav in for a service and NOT getting the software updated!

I was subsequently told a new update was due in the next 2 weeks which would introduce Apple CarPlay. (I already have Android Auto)

Car is booked in for the software update in a couple of weeks.

Baw 100% no.

Lucky Duck - They giving you BS so find another dealer. The software has been around for at least 6 weeks and probably longer!

The second image I posted above is exactly the same as I now have on mine. Demand that and don't take prisoners ....

Afternoon All, I've just checked my 64 plate tourer and have a different menu, it was in for MOT last week and had the map updates, is this the older firmware??

20170912_144358.jpg

Yep afraid you wont be getting Apple CarPlay - facelift models (mid 2015 ->) only.

Hey all,

I eventually had my software upgraded this weekend, and now have Car Play installed.

When playing music through Carplay or using the Phone - its very quiet - compared to the standard Hyundai system.

Does anyone know how to increase the volume on just Carplay?

Don't think you can - using the volume controls on the steering wheel works fine and the music sounds great ...... so long as you remember to turn it down again ;-)

Guys I have just bought an Oct 2016 Model i40 SE Nav. When buying I asked the UK dealer about CarPlay and he said it wasn’t installed. Reading this thread makes me think it might yet be possible for a software upgrade. Is that right?

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:13 PM, BAW said:

Hey all,

I eventually had my software upgraded this weekend, and now have Car Play installed.

When playing music through Carplay or using the Phone - its very quiet - compared to the standard Hyundai system.

Does anyone know how to increase the volume on just Carplay?

Try this BAW:-

- Open the Music app and make sure the volume is at 100%
- Call the voice mail while connected through bluetooth and press the volume up button several times. A bluetooth volume indicator appears on the screen
- On Settings - Music:
     - Turn EQ to Off
     - Turn Volume Limit to Off
     - Disable "Sound check" (I think this one made the big difference after all)

And that's it! Now the music plays a lot louder than before

11 hours ago, Ian51 said:

Mostly certainly - ask for updated software.

This would be amazing. It is my first Hyundai and I am looking forward to picking it up. Having CarPlay would be there cherry on top. Thanks!

That's not software for facelift i40's Finbarr - you need to get yours done at the dealers. Look up to my posts on August 16 and you'll see the carplay version number.

That software is for older i40's with a different head unit - the files are dated 2014!

Thanks Ian51. 

Here is the firmware on my i40 at present. It has Android Auto but not CarPlay. The dealer I bought from was told by his service engineer that this is the latest software being reported from Hyundai. It is an Oct 16 car. 

D9352DB4-E092-47C1-9B22-7018C264F7A1.jpeg