Welcome to TalkHyundai.com

Welcome to TalkHyundai.com!

You've reached a UK-biased Hyundai Forum, yet we welcome members from throughout the world. We cover all current and previous Hyundai models and all generations within. You're currently viewing this message as a guest, please register now to gain full access to the site, Hyundai brochures, guides, specifications, tutorials and more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
landcross

My third i40 so thought I would share my experience of mpg and faults

Now on my third i40  so thought I would share my experience of mpg and faults
My first car on a 62 plate gave me 50 mpg average over 15k miles (I40 Tourer 1.7 Crdi 136PS Blue Drive)
Faults; computer touch screen replaced twice

My second car on a 64 plate gave me 54 mpg average over 15k miles (I40 Tourer 1.7 Crdi 136PS Blue Drive)
Faults; Difficult gearchange and low clutch pedal. Solved by removing clutch slave cylinder and work to the gear linkage. Hyundai later admitted to known design fault and replaced this at 9,000 miles for a later design.
Front disc pads needed replacement at 20k miles

My latest car i40  1.7 crdi 141 dct-7 (7 speed dual-clutch semi automatic transmission) and over its first 1k using automatic only is achieving 51 mpg, more than I expected from an automatic.

My driving is split 30/70 Town and motorway.

If the internal computer reading is accurate with the previous cars the highest mpg tends to be on motorways at around 75mph, so hopefully with 7 gears the dct-7 model will be frugal too!.
Honest John may have a heavier right foot than me, I drive reasonably fast but always try to avoid unnecessary braking, which is what I think makes a big difference to the figures.
Thanks Gazwould for informing me about this website. I will have a good look at it.
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/

75mph best mpg sounds to high to me hense high mpg figures are quoted at 56mph .