GrahamW

1.7 CRDi Clutch Judder

On 27 November 2017 at 8:08 AM, GrahamW said:

Update...

I have had one of the new driven plates fitted last week.

Hyundai sent over a technical chappy to drive my car before and after the replacement, apparently there were only 3 clutches available in the UK for testing.

initial results are a big improvement, but i did notice judder over the weekend when the engine is cold, but it does clear up once warm.

Early days yet as to whether its a cure as ive only done a few hundred miles on it, but i must admit i am a bit sceptical from previous experiences......     

Hi graham I have already had the modified clutch fitted back in June and the judder has just returned in the last week at present it is present on moving off from cold in the mornings have you had any further trouble with your modified version

Hi graham I have already had the modified clutch fitted in June and it was ok until last week when the shudder returned on moving off from a cold start.Have you had any further trouble with your modified version

Cheers graham I am taking mine back on Monday to have it looked at so god only knows what excuse I will get this time.

i am only getting it in the morning on moving off  at the minute but as you state the cold and wet definitely does have an effect on them and on the previous clutches I was getting it in reverse as well

Hello,
does anyone have any news about the clutch judder issue? Has the problem been fixed by the modified clutch or not?

Thanks in advance

I have had a similar Judder on My clutch,only when the car is cold,in first and reverse, at the first service at 7000 miles the garage could not reproduce the Judder, and told me they couldn't find a Transmission problem.

Today at a different Hyundai garage, I told them of the ongoing Judder my second service has been done and they have diagnosed that My vehicle requires a new clutch,because of the Judder.

This is to be done under warranty, My vehicle is the 1.7 Diesel 2 wheel Drive. 

Roger , my Tucson 1.7diesel   was first registered on July 2017, done 15000 miles started juddering about 5/6 weeks ago, went to dealer and told him about problem ( judder in the morning only ,reverse and 1st gear) dealer said very little but booket me in for next ( 27 March ) Wed,Thu,and Friday, courtesy car waiting for me when I drop mine off

Thanks Roger,   will let you know if I get a new clutch and how it feels, my dealer is very good  but service manager didn't say very much, but at least did not deny that there was a problem.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Thanks Roger,   will let you know if I get a new clutch and how it feels, my dealer is very good  but service manager didn't say very much, but at least did not deny that there was a problem.

Roger , New pressure plate ( new clutch) apparently came out around November 2017 for existing Tucson to retro fit, you may be lucky and had it done in the production line first,

Roger mine was registered Jan 2017.

I've had a new clutch fitted and now 6 weeks later I have the same judder symptoms. Only on initial start off when cold.

Interesting enough I'm having the same issue , shudder in reverse , and am the second auto driver in this forum . I just came back from the dealer after a service. They are saying it's a software issue that and they are testing an update for before release. 2ltr 2017 diesel auto. Also seems to shugger around 40 kph between 1 and 2nd for a micro second.

I have a 4 week old 500 mile 2019 Tucson that appears to have clutch judder problem which is supposedly fixed. At first I thought it was fuel starvation. Car seems to misfire at low speed when accelerating. It actually started as I drove away from the dealer but cleared and has repeated around 5/6 times but clears. Last time it almost stalled.

i took to it dealer on Friday and they could not find any faults on ECU, went for test drive with workshop manager and of course we could not get it to repeat. They are saying unless they can witness then they can do nothing. This is a 4 week old vehicle ! Would I make it up !

During test drive he told me symptoms sound like the clutch judder problem but that has been fixed and they have not seen it on this model.

Anyone experiencing similar on new model Tucson?