Jump to content
GrahamW

1.7 CRDi Clutch Judder

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I've had my Tucson from new and covered 3700 miles, not a lot considering its 6 months old.

Stepping from an I40 tourer, which i must admit i miss !

I have been experiencing bad clutch judder from standing start and 1st to 2nd.

I must admit, i thought it was me, but this morning i finally decided to ring my dealer to try and see if there is any solution.

it turns out that this is a major problem and they have 12 cars with the same fault, they offered to fit a new clutch and flywheel, but the service guy told me it wont cure it !

Apparently the problem is being worked on at Hyundai and they are doing a flywheel/clutch redesign and it will be a while off yet and there will be recall when they have figured it out !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought i would give Hyundai customer service a ring and ask them whats happening.

Surprised to find out that they know nothing about any clutch problems ?

Nice lady is going to ring the dealership to find out and report back to me - strange, but not surprising.

Maybe the fact that i told her i am thinking of rejecting the car got her attention :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical dealer denial  , VAG are professionals at it , so good and slippery they must do courses in it .

Primarily it's to deny liability to a fault which could end up in a recall issued by DVSA but they're a bunch of numpties anyway as they don't consider a limp mode that renders the steering , brakes and accerator useless....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much prodding, customer services finally got back to me.
Not quite the response i was looking for.
I've a feeling that this will turn into a similar situation as the I40 clutch problems. I would have thought they would have learned from that fiasco !

"I refer to our previous telephone conversation regarding your vehicle and appreciate your patience in allowing me to look into this matter for you. I would like to apologise for this situation and appreciate the frustration and disappointment this situation has caused.

I can confirm that I have contacted our technical and quality team who have advised that their understanding of the issue, based on details provided by Cheshire Oaks Hyundai, is that the judder is very slight and only happens with the first few applications of the clutch. If this is not the case and you are concerned about the vehicle then you would need to contact your chosen Hyundai dealership for them to look into further. 

I can advise that your feedback has been passed to Hyundai Europe for investigation however as it is not considered a safety concern we have no estimated time for a response. When an update is available the dealership will be made aware of both the cause of the issue and how to resolve it. 

I appreciate this is not quite the response you were hoping for at this time and I apologise for this. In the meantime if you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a new flywheel and clutch fitted 1200 miles ago and the judder is back and driving me mad !!!

Apparently a redesigned driven plate is due for release shortly, but no news yet...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GrahamW said:

I had a new flywheel and clutch fitted 1200 miles ago and the judder is back and driving me mad !!!

Apparently a redesigned driven plate is due for release shortly, but no news yet...... 

Thats a pain in the arse. Hopefully the redesigned flywheel/clutch package will be out soon. I wonder will it be a full recall or just for those that are experiencing issues?

 

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off the phone to Hyundai and they still have no timescale for a fix.

To say i am a bit upset is an understatement.

Anyone in the same boat can contact Hyundai here and please moan like hell.

They could do with a bit of pressure.... 

Concierge@hyundai-car.co.uk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, GrahamW said:

Hi

 

I've had my Tucson from new and covered 3700 miles, not a lot considering its 6 months old.

Stepping from an I40 tourer, which i must admit i miss !

I have been experiencing bad clutch judder from standing start and 1st to 2nd.

I must admit, i thought it was me, but this morning i finally decided to ring my dealer to try and see if there is any solution.

it turns out that this is a major problem and they have 12 cars with the same fault, they offered to fit a new clutch and flywheel, but the service guy told me it wont cure it !

Apparently the problem is being worked on at Hyundai and they are doing a flywheel/clutch redesign and it will be a while off yet and there will be recall when they have figured it out !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

My Tucson is the same age and same mileage. Slight judder on 1st gear when car is cold. Having read these reviews I will advise my dealer of the problem but suspect I will have to wait for a recall:(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, G8GAL said:

Hi

My Tucson is the same age and same mileage. Slight judder on 1st gear when car is cold. Having read these reviews I will advise my dealer of the problem but suspect I will have to wait for a recall:(  

I wouldnt hold your breath, its been with Hyundai technical for nearly 12 months....

Heres the latest response from yesterday...

Thank you for your further email.

I appreciate the disappointment the situation is causing to you and do apologise for this. I am unable to confirm a timescale for resolution but can assure you that Hyundai are actively working towards a resolution for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×