Welcome to TalkHyundai.com

Welcome to TalkHyundai.com!

You've reached a UK-biased Hyundai Forum, yet we welcome members from throughout the world. We cover all current and previous Hyundai models and all generations within. You're currently viewing this message as a guest, please register now to gain full access to the site, Hyundai brochures, guides, specifications, tutorials and more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Gazwould

Characteristic , driver error or fault ?

1.7 CRDI .

Low speed  , around 1000rpm , high gears kangarooing  , requiring a lower gear to be selected . 

Come on guys this is the i40 forum.... lol. 

Do these 136 bhp derv motors kangaroo just coasting along at low rpm whilst in higher gears ? 

MAP!!!

im beyond playing with stuff like this now. My car is my work horse and as long as it gets me from A to B reliably I don't really care!!

but, out of curiosity, would you know when the turbo is supposed to kick in?  I'm having a serious stutter at about 1,500 rpm sometimes. I can also hear the turbo bearing 'whistling' so am thinking it's on the way out. Hyundai won't change it under warranty as it hasn't 'failed'. I think I'll be going along the 'how long was it being lubricated ( or not) by contaminated oil causing premature wear' route. 

In other news, the oil level in my 3,000 mile old brand new engine is now 5mm above max and my fuel economy has dropped by about 10% again... Must book it in again...

Sounds like diesel is getting in , the diesel will wreck the oils properties . 

As the graph suggests stock  peak torque is near 3K , his previous 2.0 tdi was sub 1800 rpm . 

Yeah that's my thoughts. Will update my other thread...

Whilst the remap has improved the low rpm it's not a cure as it's part my father's driving and part the hardware of the car. 

Some cars have amazing flexibility low down torque , the 1.7 i40 doesn't . 

It's a small engine larger turbo arrangement probably to chase favourable CO2 emissions .

1.7 136 and a VAG 2.0 140 , the larger  turbo in the Hyundai  allows for near 2.0 peak figures at the expense of slower spool of the larger turbo  . 

A larger engine smaller turbo is the sweeter drive and this car should of had a 2.0 or twin turbo . 

Triple turbo's will be seen in the near future .