Welcome to TalkHyundai.com

Welcome to TalkHyundai.com!

You've reached a UK-biased Hyundai Forum, yet we welcome members from throughout the world. We cover all current and previous Hyundai models and all generations within. You're currently viewing this message as a guest, please register now to gain full access to the site, Hyundai brochures, guides, specifications, tutorials and more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GarethP

Not good

61 posts in this topic

So, the rant has been sent to both the dealer and Hyundai. 

I decided to check the oil

first photo is from immediately before it went in to have the DPF replaced

IMG_1486.JPG.5bae98c887fc315a1b4f33efd761550e.JPG

this one is from just now. One week and 600 miles later. They have apparently changed the oil and oil filter...

IMG_1487.JPG.fc876b29aac9ef2fc79e4dfa09ba319a.JPG

looks remarkably similar to me!!

if, by any stretch, they had changed the oil and, ignoring the fact that it's up over max AGAIN (still?), should it really get that black so quickly?

Thanks both. I won't worry about the colour then. 

Regarding the Max fill. I guess, like Gaz says, if there's still some in the oil cooler and then hey just dump the specified amount in then it will always be over max. Infuriating though as, to me, it means more volume, increased resistance due to extra volume and increased oil pressure. 

As an 'uneducated' owner ;) this is the same symptom as before, so I might just play devils advocate with them... if they ever get around to contacting me...

At least the engine seems ok now, based on mpg. Last tank...

IMG_1492.thumb.JPG.b6bab64aa1e48ca16260031ee4f75dbc.JPG

Yes. 136

you can see why I got a bit pi$$ed when it dropped to below 40

Have received the fob off from the dealer

wont post much more until it's resolved.

can see trading standards and motoring press getting involved...

This chap got his engine replaced , identical issue , oil analysis , and could be a high pressure fuel pump engine seal . 

Must find out the root cause Gareth for everyone's benefit . 

You must feel absolutely savage . 

Still in discussion.

This is their written response about the failure

When the vehicle was recovered in on 15th March the engine was removed and stripped to diagnose the cause of the engine failure, upon stripping it was found that the drive for the vacuum pump had failed / broken causing damage to the cylinder head and inlet camshaft, engine timing had moved causing inlet valves to hit the pistons. Due to the possibility of the oil being contaminated with metal particles from the failure authority was requested from Hyundai UK for a replacement engine, this was authorised and included new cylinder head, camshafts and turbo. Once the engine had been fitted and vehicle road tested the DPF was checked that regeneration of it was being carried out, the test came back as being regenerated successfully.

Bearing in mind they told me they didn't strip it and it was going to Hyundai for investigation!!

They also haven't said if they know why the vacuum pump failed!

It's going a bit like that at the moment - it's like getting blood out of a stone.  Everything they say just brings up more questions.

Also, they've told me both, that I have and have not had a new turbo!  they've also diagnosed turbo wear which, if the replacement is true, would be 1,500 miles old!!

I'll keep plugging away...