aabs

Clutch Improvements Finally Made

Hello AABS.   I've just started having clutch problems at just over 2 years on an i40.  Can barely get into 1st or 2nd.    After cable adjustments and oil change (£110 later) no change.  They are now going to investigate the clutch, but the dealer was quick to tell me I was just outside the 2 years.   Any tips on how I handle these guys.  

Edited by ggthekiwi

I had the same issue but every time within the two years I complained about the clutch and they stated no fault found or adjustment made, I asked for a print off of the job report. I then used this to prove it was an inherent fault and therefore still within warranty.

Good luck, as a previous Vauxhall owner it became a habit for me to do this.

Hyundai have for me at least been fairly good with warranty claims but the car spends way too much time under repair so it maybe my last and definitely will be if I have to start complaining for warranty work to be honoured.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:56 PM, aabs said:

Well after nearly 3 years of ownership and numerous complaints resulting in modifications including the clutch damper even being bypassed with Hyundai Technical Alert.

The latest HTA modified clutch damper removes the heavy clutch and low biting problem and clutch operation is now as easy as the new facelift i40 model.

Hi aabs. I wonder, when talking about clutch damper, are we talking about this part (also known as clutch regulator)? Also I've been trying to find the technical alert for this, no luck (I guess technical alerts are same as technical service bulletins), interested about the bypass procedure...

s-l1600.jpg

On 3/23/2017 at 8:15 PM, kakoni said:

Hi aabs. I wonder, when talking about clutch damper, are we talking about this part (also known as clutch regulator)? Also I've been trying to find the technical alert for this, no luck (I guess technical alerts are same as technical service bulletins), interested about the bypass procedure...

s-l1600.jpg

Hi

Has anybody got any information on the clutch damper/regulator process .It looks quite simple to do but there is some pipework modifications required.

Hi

Has anybody got any information on the clutch damper/regulator process .It looks quite simple to do but there is some pipework modifications required.