Glenfern

Facelift Anyone?

I'm looking at replacing my Premium i40T in October and I'm looking around at the moment.  On contacting my local dealer I was told that it's had a face lift and a new trim level, has anyone out there got one or experienced the old and the new?

One of the attractions for my current car was the top of the range for £24K but now although there are many more features I fear it's too much at £28K.

It's a shame really as I love the sunroof but will probably have to go down to the SE Nav Business.

Does anyone have one of these yet?  I'm also interested about the DCT box.

Look forward to hearing from you.

MTP

I assume that the DCT box is the same 6 spd version as I have in my Cee'd?

If so then I have found it very pleasurable, very smooth and responsive, the Cee'd can be used in full auto mode with ECO or ECO can be switched off, the box can also be put into Sports mode which revs much higher before changing gear or can be taken over manually using the paddle shifts on the steering wheel or using the shift lever in sequential mode.  In conjunction with FlexSteer in Sports mode it actually makes a family hatchback that little bit more fun (don't know if the new i40 will have Flex Steer?)

Well, our local dealer has one in the showroom and when I was there yesterday I sat in it, there is NO difference!  The sales guy did say "They have only changed the front grill.

More interestingly is the range which now has an extra level just below the Premium, I guess they are targeting business users as they have called it SE NAV Business (doesn't really trip off the tongue) I think it is only missing the sunroof of the current Premium with the addition of ventilated front seats.  The New Premium model has a few more features, auto opening tailgate, lane departure warning, colour display and alloy pedals, the price though has jumped quite considerably.

A welcome feature across the range is the addition of a DAB radio, fortunately I will probably take delivery in October so the Ashes should be out of the way by then!

I would be interested to hear from anyone that is considering the 'new' one, pro and cons.

Thanks

MTP

Hi,

I've just taken receipt of the new facelift i40 SE Nav Saloon 1.7 CRDi. 

Apparently, the facelift model also incorporates a better UI on the media/satnav screen. Also plays movies without any cheats overriding the UI. Oh, and ECO is standard across the entire i40 engine range so there's no 'blue drive' badge anymore.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car, but for the life of me can't work out how to operate the flex steer as there's no button. The brochure says it's as standard across the range. There's a sport button which changes the driving dynamic, but no option to change the flex steer. I have a week shoulder so if anyone can advise on this issue I would be most grateful.

The car packs a lot of equipment and the drive is lovely. Highly recommended.

On the i30 and Cee'd the flex steer is operated via a button on the steering wheel, it is the one top right above the cruise/speed limiter, next to the cancel button.

9319173A-6061-4F55-A742-FAA1351AE210.jpg

I have to say I have had a wee look online at the new facelift model. Does it tempt me to buy my 3rd Hyundai i40? No it does not. I'm out and about tomorrow so out of curiosity I will drop into my local Hyundai dealer for a better look to see if that changes my opinion.

M...   

Thanks for your kind reply Bumpkin, but I've looked all over the dash, steering wheel and centre console, but can't find it anywhere. I've emailed Hyundai asking them where it is. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks

I wonder if it is accessible via the menu system in the driver info display?  Would be a bit odd if it was as you want to be able to adjust it on the fly and not have to concentrate on menu navigation whilst driving, but given the phone system who knows??

I followed a facelift i40 tourer at the weekend. The LED brake lights aren't as nice as the old model - they're tiny.  But the front looks better.

I've seen on the pictures that the sat nav is different.

Overall, its quite a mild faceflift, but needed.

Popped into the new Hyundai dealer in Stirling. They have moved their operation from Hyundai/Citroen branch up the road to a branch on their lonesome. Had a good look round the new facelift model with the Salesman (Hope his Mum knew he was out) !!! Unfortunately he knew very little about the car. Grill has changed, along with the alloys and the LED lights. 136bhp has increased to 141bhp. Did ask him what other changes there had been but all I got was a shrug of the shoulders.

Admittedly the car does look a little better but certainly not enough changes to tempt me to go for a hat trick of Hyundai's although the Salesman did try.

M...

Also looked at it.

As above, sat navs been updated to Tomtom but they for some reason forgot to upgrad to the nav that's been put in the new tuscan which is pretty impressive.

I have took the plunge and opted to replace my old i40 premium Tourer with a new i40 premium Tourer! Fingers crossed, I pick it up on Friday. I opted for silver ( outgoing is Titanium Grey ) so at least it looks like I have a new car :) Haha.

I bought the first out of necessity as I needed to buy a car with a long, solid warranty and Hyundai ticked that box. I put 50k miles on in 2 years due to the travelling I was doing for work and it has never let me down. Yes there have been some warranty issues, many well documented on this forum and the front bumper sensors have been a pain. But the dealer has always been spot on every time for whatever work has been needed and my car always come back clean.

So time to change and I have a budget of 25-30k . I narrowed the field down to a Mazda 6, BMW 3 series. Mondeo or i40 all estate versions. They are all competent cars and the most desirable was the BMW and the most expensive. While it was my pick for exterior looks, it is not nice inside, the boot is tiny and my wife did not like. The Mondeo was just too large, it is huge and to be honest not that much different from the old model, which is the same as the i40 really but hey ho. The Mazda was nice but just did not do it for me.

So the best option weighing up all angles was the new model i40. This time  the decision was based on the pure choice of which car was the best option rather than just the warranty and the reliability of the old model and the dealer experience were decisive factors. Not only that the Premium comes with so much more kit. The panoramic roof on its own costs between £900-1100 on the Ford & BMW and is not even an option on the Mazda.

The deal maker was the price, I did my research and when I went into the dealer, I was amazed I got it for my target price so I simply could not have got a better deal. Fingers crossed now the new one will be as reliable as my old one.

In answer to my own post, I now have an i40 facelift!

After 3 months of driving a 3.2L V6 4wd boy racer Alpha temporary car I now have a SE Bus Sat Nav in red.

My first thoughts are that the car is pretty much the same whilst the screen / sat nav / radio / phone... has changed beyond recognition and doesn't look as easy to follow and program, the changing of the radio frequency is quite novel (a swish of the finger) and menu tabs quite small.

At least it has a static clock now!  although no mute button (that I've found yet anyway).

I look forward to seeing how it goes.